Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Waiting for Ever After



So I have a confession to make.  Here it goes:  At 21, I still had 'No Boyfriend Since Birth'. If you're going to ask me if it's by choice or by chance, I can only say that it's a little bit of both!


I've never been in a relationship my whole life so my idea of romance is still based on Disney fairy tales and Nicholas Sparks novels.  At my age, I'm still waiting for a handsome prince charming who will knock me off my feet, a brave knight in shining armor who will rescue me from social oblivion and a statuesque popular guy who will dare to take a look me.  Maybe my prince who's willing to listen to my cheesiest quotes and most random statements is still resting in his palace.  Maybe he's waiting for me and together, we'll watch the sunset at bay. Maybe, these are just plain maybes. 


Anyway, I came across some wedding magazines this weekend and I'm still at awe about it.  The wedding bliss, all the nostalgia that looking at pictures of beautiful unions have brought me enhanced my longing for my own ever after. 


I don't really know if I'll have my own wedding someday but one thing is for sure: I can patiently wait for my own prince charming.  He does not have to be royalty. He does not have to be handsome, brave or statuesque.  He can always be an ordinary guy who will love the plain and simple me.





Lovelots,
Maica Angelle

No comments:

Post a Comment