Strange as it may seem, this is the most random thing in my world right now. Like the dawn of another era or the beginning of a new year, a new chapter of my life is unfolding. Even the way I start and end my day involves lots of transformation.
Changes can be good or bad. Either way, they are inevitable. Making room for these changes, though, is like taking a detour—there are no ifs and buts, just twists and turns.
Sometimes, some things just don’t last. Some gadgets we’ve gotten used to come and go. In my case, I had to let go of my Samsung SGH-D830 this week. Honestly, I didn’t expect to feel this way when my Samsung phone was taken away from me last Sunday. I guess the four tough years that I spent with this gadget are still incomparable to the hype that newer ones can bring. I really miss my white, slim-fit phone, and it will definitely take some time before I get used to having a new phone in my life.
As I made room for new gadgets in my life, I also had drastic changes in my daily routine. Well, since I had been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid earlier that year, I had stopped dieting. At the time, I simply felt too hopeless to deal with the changes my body was going through.
However, I eventually realized that I couldn’t let my condition stop me from doing the things I loved, like dancing and exercising. Now, my lazy mornings are energized by more intense dance workouts. I’m also moderating my calorie intake. I may still have a lot of weight to lose, but with enough motivation, determination, and the treatment I’m following, I’ll definitely get that slim body, right?
I was dancing my way through the week when I came across a video about the NLE (Nurse Licensure Examination) in the Philippines. According to the video, there was a possibility that board examination results could be switched. The claim was that, for P100,000, people who had failed the board examination could allegedly obtain licenses by claiming the ratings of some successful examinees.
If such practices were happening, the integrity of the Licensure Examination would be put to waste. Why work hard for it when others could allegedly acquire licenses through money anyway?
I greatly condemn people who engage in such acts. They are the ordinary Filipinos who curse the rotten political system in the country today. They are among those who want to put corrupt politicians behind bars while, at the same time, corruption is being committed at their own expense. What a shame!
I’ve entrusted part of my future to this system, and if those involved want to dignify their profession and reputation, they have to stop playing dirty. After all, money can’t buy dignity.
Through it all, I’ve realized that life involves a lot of choices. There are lots of roads to take and lots of bumps along the way. However, it’s comforting to know that no matter how many U-turns or detours we take, God will still be with us along the way.
Lovelots,
Maica Angelle

No comments:
Post a Comment