Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Seams, Stressors and Scandals

Charice: 'the young Filipino hollywood sensation'
This week, the 18 year old 'Filipino International Singing Sensation' Charice Pempenco decided to undergo a dermatological treatment(or was it surgery?), 'The OC' star Adam Brody was caught on tape asking Kristen Stewart a.k.a. Bella Swan to quit acting if she cannot deal with all the fan obsession coming along her way. Lindsay Lohan got into jail, my 13 year old brother was caught smoking (disgusting and annoying!?!) and my NCLEX examination is nearing(anxiety to the highest level!!!). With all these juicy events coming our way, could life even get boring?

Anyway, as I was struggling through the week (with all the reviewing, working out and everything), I didn't really see all these events coming. Frankly, the fact that Charice underwent thermage and botox procedures is disturbing. She's so young for that! Otherwise, I don't think it's even necessary for her 'Glee' role. I mean, the show is one that honors diversity. If the storylines had spaces for an overweight black woman, a gay singer, a self- centered Jewish girl with an odd nose, a chastity queen who got impregnated, and other gleeks who had their own share of shameful experiences, how could it not make way for such a talented, young singer who has a wide face?

Brody and Kirsten in their movie 'In the Land of Women' together
On the other hand, when Adam Brody was asked if he enjoys being famous or if he just wants to become an actor a la Kristen Stewart, he had this to say:
"It's like, quit ... you don't need to be an actor, so it's like if it's that much of a problem ... there's the door."
Honestly, I have my two thumbs up for The OC's Seth Cohen for being so true. Stewart is enjoying her celebrity status right now. Who doesn't want all those millions of dollars, expensive wardrobes or hot boyfriends anyway? Hollywood does not revolve around her! She must stop complaining and start living her life to the fullest. That is what life is all about.

I also came across 'Project Runway Season 5' this week and I'm still at awe at the show. At first, I was watching it to get a glimpse of Tim Gunn but the designs really caught my eye. Now, I'm officially addicted to runway shows and everything that has to do with fashion. One thing I've found disturbing though is how Americans cannot seem to accept defeat. Please, American Idol wannabes claim that the judges don't know how to judge. The designers who got eliminated at Project Runway also acted the same way. Can't they realize that competitions are not all about winning?
my fave collection from Project Runway Season 5 Finale

Let's leave the Hollywood scandals for now and focus on the real world...

Today, I've heard the craziest news ever. Apparently, my little brother was caught smoking. My mom tried to admonish him but he does not seem bothered at all. I told him that smoking will make his skin dry and dull and if he continues with it, his lungs will eventually collapse. My mom also wanted him to get away from his 'tambay friends'. I wonder if everything will turn out well in the end.
Apparently, the drama does not end there. As I received a confirmation from CGFNS (Comission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) this morning, I realized that I have lesser time for preparing. So, I promise to review to the max this upcoming week! Anyway, I don't want to see Adam Brody pointing his fingers at the door if ever I got tired from all this nursing stuff.

Photos copied from :
http://www.yourhotcelebrity.com/its-official-charice-pempengco-is-glad-to-be-on-glee/315


Lovelots,
Maica Angelle

No comments:

Post a Comment