Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From Runways to Wild Ways

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow


When I woke up last Thursday morning, I only have two goals in mind: first: get a glimpse of an episode Project Runway Season 5 and second: study Fundamental Skills in Nursing. Nevertheless, life has indeed its own surprises.
As I was preparing for my review session, my twin sister asked me to hurry up because we were about to go to San Teodoro with Papa. I immediately thought that it was a practical joke but as I saw my sister prepare her things in a panicky mode, I finally learned that she was really serious at all. So, I tried to prepare my things right then. However, I was in the car already when I realized that I have not taken a bath yet(oops, stinky mode!) then.
We arrived at the Feraren's residence in San Teodoro just in time for lunch. We were welcomed by our aunt (who was shocked to see us) and our grandparents. I wanted to be productive that day so I dedicated the rest of the day to studying, watching my fave teleseryes (Trudis Liit and Basahang Ginto) and yes, showering.
The next day was a blast! I visited the beach near our grandparents' residence together with Mara. I originally intended to watch the sunrise but the sun rose before we could open our eyes.
I was already preparing for another review session when our aunt invited us to take a glimpse at the newly built house beside 'Punta Beach.' It was roughly three years ago when Mara and I visited the place and we were overwhelmed by the drastic changes. Now that a British national named Peter owns a land strip near Punta Beach, a majestic beach house is already seen there. We were really amazed because the look of the house is practically one that we could only see in magazines. The appliances were very modern, the decorations were unique, and the caretakers were very warm.
It took some time before the Master of the Household got to see us. I rarely get the chance to chat with a British man so I got tounge-tied instead. Luckily, my aunt and sister did most of the talking for me. When Peter toured us to the house, he also allowed us to take pictures. Sadly though, we opted to go home early then because Peter badly needed some rest.
Although we were supposed to spend the rest of the weekend at San Teodoro, we had to go back to Calapan last Saturday since I got really feverish then. It took a lot of rest before I recovered but I was still suffering from a major headache when I watched 'Wildlife for Sale' on Sunday. I was really bothered because the said documentary showed how some animals were de-skinned to create stylish bags. Some are even killed heartlessly by humans. The worst part is that most endagered species in the country are now being sold like hotcakes. Well, I was not able to eat fish or meat after watching that documentary and until now, I'm still at odds with any meat.
The real highlight of this week is President Noynoy Aquino's SONA (State of the Nation Address). I was speechless for the most parts of President Aquino's SONA. He really tried exposed the anomalies of the previous administration then. What interests me the most is that I heard him lay out some plans for the country other than his anti-corruption campaign at last! Now, PNOY is slowly capturing the hearts of Filipinos from all walks of life. Hence, as he concludes his SONA in hopeful terms, I also end this blog post with lots of love.
Simply,
Maica Angelle

No comments:

Post a Comment