Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In a Nurse's Shoes



There are certain moments in our lives that are worth reminiscing. Those may be graduation, winning the lottery or simply watching our favorite television shows. Well, as for me, lots of memories may go unnoticed but one has definitely made its mark on my heart.
It was the eve of January 30, 2010. I was sleeping with my twin sister when I received the text that changed my life: 'Congrats. Pasado kayong dalawa pati si Katrina.' The message came from my aunt. It was 11:30 in the evening.
It took some time before I realized what the message meant. During that moment, the Philippine Regulatory Commission declared me and my twin sister as registered nurses in the country. What a 'Maalaala Mo Kaya' moment indeed!
I slept teary- eyed that night. I felt so blessed because God has finally answered my prayers. It was definitely the beginning of a new chapter in my life. My dreams were finally coming true.
But what happens when you are already living the dream? --- You either aim higher or feel unhappy. First of all, being a nurse is not my childhood dream at all. Believe me, there may be hundreds of thousands of Filipino Nursing Degree Holders out there who want to be in my shoes but I'm still silently hoping that I didn't opt for the nurse's shoes instead.
I wake up everyday wondering what things might have been if I had it my way. Yes, there is still this long road ahead of me but will my shoes make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment