Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Homecoming


Three weeks have already passed since I and my twin sister got here at Mindoro. In the not-so-distant past, we were the 'probinsyanas' trying to fit in to the larger world of Manila. Now, we are the 'balikbayans' finding our way back home. Truly, gone are the days when we were shopping at the most famous malls in the country, walking the streets of the flood-friendly Espana, and reviewing to the max! Our SRG (Sultan Review Group) days are already over. Thus, the self- studying moments for the NCLEX-RN(a.k.a. the Filipino Nurses' key to a brighter future) are finally here!

Reviewing at home is comparable to living life to the utmost. At long last, I can finally watch my fave television shows, workout, bond with my family, and sleep in my beloved room. I am now breathing the fresh air of Oriental Mindoro. I am definitely more at ease!

The comfort of staying at home practically has its own drawbacks. Nowadays, reviewing is more of a challenge for me. The unlimited internet connection and the cable access are practically some of the distractions that are invading parts of the time I usually alot for studying. On the other hand, realizing the amount of weight that I gained has taken its toll on my life. Hence, I now have to make way for dieting and exercising into my routines. There are times when I feel to lazy to grab my books and take a look at the mind- boggling questionnaires. However, I also know that all I need are three reasons to keep on going:

1. my family
2. the people who need me
3. God


Inasmuch as this review experience is already driving me crazy, (FYI, I have been reviewing for almost a year now) I also know that the knowledge and wisdom that I've gained throughout this experience are priceless.

Nursing is indeed a very noble profession. In fact, Filipino Nurses are currently rendering their services to some of the hospital institutions in the country for free just to acquire the most coveted skills. Some call this 'volunteerism' stupid. Additionally, the nurses in the country can also be considered as the modern-day maids. The only difference is that maids are provided with food, clothing and shelters while nurses are trying to 'budget' the alms they receive for the necessities of everyday living. Yet, this profession is among the most rewarding ones. Nurses are God's angels for the sick people, those who are always there to lend a helping hand to those in pain.

In a couple of months from now, I'll be taking one of the toughest exams in my life: the NCLEX-RN. I'm already working really hard for the right to become a 'USRN.' This challenge is not easy but if have God and my faith with me, I'll definitely get there.

Lovelots,
Maica Angelle

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, Maica! May you fulfill your life's greatest dream! God bless you on your NCLEX-RN exam!


    http://beng-gee.blogspot.com
    http://ailecgee.i.ph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ms. Beng Gee. I really appreciate the time you've spent reading my blog post. I'm really hoping for the best. God Bless you too ;)
    Maica

    ReplyDelete